Thursday, May 20, 2004

MSNBC - USDA violated its beef ban

MSNBC - USDA violated its beef ban: "'I think they've been irresponsible,' Bullard said. 'I think they have unnecessarily placed the U.S. cattle industry and consumers at risk.'"

Does everyone in government lie? I mean, Canadian meat's not all that dangerous, statistically, but there was supposed to be a ban! You can't trust any governmental agency, apparently. I'm glad I almost never eat meat. If you do, here's what you should and shouldn't eat:

Mad cow disease, also known as bovine spongiform encephalopathy, is believed to be concentrated in the brain and central nervous system, and meat closer to those tissues is considered to be at highest risk. The least hazardous cuts are believed to be boneless ones containing only muscle. Bone-in cuts and ground beef are considered more hazardous.

No comments: